jueves, 5 de febrero de 2009

Relative pronouns rephrasing

Make one new sentence from each pair of sentences, beginning as shown, and using the word given in capitals.

  1. Brenda is a friend. I went on holiday with her.
    Brenda is the friend who I went on holiday with
  2. This is Mr Smith. His son Bill plays in our team.
    This is Mr Smith . ......................…………………………………………..
  3. Her book was published last year. It became a best seller.
    Her book . ......................…………………………………………..
  4. This is the bank. We borrowed the money from it.
    This is the bank from . ......................…………………………………………..
  5. I told you about a persono She is at the door.
    The person . ......................…………………………………………..
  6. Jack's car had broken down. He had to take a bus.
    Jack, . ......................…………………………………………..
Make one sentence from each group of sentences, beginning as shown.


The hotel was full of guests. The hotel was miles from anywhere. The guests had gone there to admire the scenery.
The hotel, which was miles away from anywhere, was full of guests who had gone there to admire the scenery.

  1. I lent you a book. It was written by a friend of mine. She lives in France.
    The book I . ......................…………………………………………..
  2. A woman's jewels were stolen. A police officer was staying in the same hotel. The woman was interviewed by him.
    The woman whose . ......................…………………………………………..
  3. A goal was scored by a teenager. He had come on as substitute. This goal won the match.
    The goal which . ......................…………………………………………..
  4. I was sitting next to a boy in the exam. He told me the answers.
    The boy I . ......................…………………………………………..
  5. My wallet contained over €100. lt was found in the street by a schoolboy. He returned it.
    My wallet, . ......................…………………………………………..
  6. My friend Albert has decided to buy a motor-bike. His car was stolen last week.
    My friend Albert, . ......................…………………………………………..
  7. Carol is a vegetarian. I cooked a meal for her last week. She enjoyed it.
    Carol, ......................…………………………………………..

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario